So my fangirlfriend* has totes dragged me into bandom, in the sense of reading the fic and listening to the music and mostly knowing who some of the guys are.
*term totally stolen from no_detective
. And yes: it means my girlfriend who is a fangirl. BEST TERM EVER.
So random thoughts, because I have A Lot Of Feelings (or Alot Of Feelings, which would be a very emo Alot with eyeliner and unnecessary scarves and a moleskin).
1. Singing along to Panic's first album is about as good for lawyerly elocution as Pirates of Penzance. The first verse of But It's Better If You Do took me like 34 tries. WORTH IT. "Dignified sips of his dignified peach and lime daiquiri" is like the smuggest funniest line of anything ever.
1(a). No fucking way does Brendon say "best guesses at the shade of the sheets (and) before all the stains" the way lyrics.com says he does. That is way, way, way, way, way more syllables than actually happen in that section. I think this is either studio trickery or witchcraft. Or both. It's the exact opposite of the studio trickery/witchcraft used for the bridge of Pick U Up (yes, that's right, still a Lambertini. And Lambertini is going to catch on someday, dammit!).
2. Fic has totally made me into a Frank flail person. FRANK. FRANK YOU ARE ADORABLE. FRANK YOU CAN CLIMB ME IF YOU WANT. ... NOT LIKE THAT THO.
3. Gerard Way is clearly the product of a threesome between his parents and Paul Gross. Where, just to be clear, ONLY Paul Gross' genetic material ended up in the zygote. He is a natural clone of Paul Gross. Or unnatural, but I won't speculate as to what kind of illegal experiments the Ways may or may not have been doing in the 70s.
4. Panic's impression of the Beatles is so fucking spot on that I'm not entirely convinced they aren't actually just covering obscure Beatles tracks I haven't heard. This is, to be clear, entirely a compliment. BE JOHN LENNON MORE, BRENDON. And lol, Spencer is Ringo. My mother would have wanted to marry him in 7th grade, in other words.
5. Fuuuuck, can that Ryan Ross turn a phrase. An entire song of phrases, even.
6. GERARD. GERARRRD. GERARD.
7. Between the I'm Not Okay video and the Ghost of You video? The MCR boys should possibly be in charge of Hollywood. I might actually go to the theater and watch their movies.
8. Oooh, they should work with Christopher Nolan.
9. Why, why, why, does Gerard only sing "Tell me I'm a bad man, kick me like a stray" three times in that song? That is the catchiest line in the entire album (which is really fucking saying something). I end up having to play it over and over and totally interrupt my fangirlfriend when she's talking to sing along because I feel DEPRIVED. Three times! In the whole song! STOP MAKING ME INTERRUPT MY mistresscurvy
, GERARD. SHE DESERVES MY FULL ATTENTION.
10. There should be a ten. Um--I like all four albums (two MCR, two Panic). You should try them. Or Wikipedia the singles and buy those first to try them. Or watch the music videos on Vevo and then buy the albums. Whatever. They're awesome. Etc.